Public Behavior Rules and Regulations
PATRONS SHALL ENGAGE IN READING, STUDYING, USING LIBRARY MATERIALS, ATTENDING MEETINGS AND PROGRAMS, ACCESSING COMPUTERS OR SIMILAR ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF A PUBLIC LIBRARY.
THESE RULES ARE POSTED AND ADOPTED FOR THE COMFORT AND PROTECTION OF ALL WHO USE THE FACILITIES OF THIS LIBRARY.
1. Patrons whose behavior interferes with the right of the public to enjoy traditional library services will be required to leave the premises, including the library parking lot.
2. Patrons shall not disrupt/disturb any other’s use of the library, nor disrupt library functions or programs. This includes loud, abusive or threatening language or gestures, as well as distributing literature or preaching.
3. Patrons may not loiter or sleep on Library premises, including the library parking lot.
4. Smoking is prohibited in any portion of the building, and within 50 feet of the building.
5. Patrons are prohibited from using, transporting or selling illicit drugs, or possessing controlled substances (without a prescription), alcoholic beverages, fireworks, firearms or weapons while on Library premises.
6. Patrons are prohibited from rearranging library furniture or utilizing one chair by more than one person.
7. Patrons are prohibited from defacing, damaging, destroying library material, equipment or property, or property belonging to any staff members. Any person who causes physical injury to the person or property of another shall be held responsible for such acts.
8. Patrons may not eat or drink on library premises without prior administrative/Board approval.
9. Patrons are prohibited from sitting on library tables or putting feet on library tables or chairs.
10. Patrons must be appropriately dressed. Patrons are required to wear footwear, as well as upper and lower body covering.
11. Patrons are prohibited from entering unauthorized areas.
12. Pets are prohibited with the exception of trained service animals.
13. Parents/guardians are prohibited from leaving children 12 years old or younger unattended on library premises. Adults without children are not permitted in the Children’s Room.
14. Skateboards, roller blades, roller skates, bicycles, wheeled sneakers or sports equipment, etc. are prohibited from library premises. Bicycles are to be locked at the bike rack, not placed in the vestibule.
15. Cell phones, personal communication devices, walkie-talkies, headsets, etc. are to be used quietly.
16. Use of audio equipment without headphones or at a volume level that is audible to others is prohibited.
17. Commercialization or solicitation of any kind without prior administrative or Board approval is prohibited. Material distribution or placement on bulletin boards without prior administrative/Board approval is prohibited.
18. Patrons must present identification when requested by a library staff member.
19. Behavior that may be considered harassment or sexual harassment is prohibited, consistent with other harassment prevention policies.
20. Use of cameras, recording devices, camcorders, etc. in the building, on the Library premises is prohibited without prior administrative/Board approval.
21. Patrons who refuse to comply with the directives of the Library director, or other authorized personnel, shall be required to leave the premises.